Senior Phase Grades 8-9
Importance of this phase
- Gr 8-9 is the foundation for learning that takes place in the FET phase (grade10-12)
- We follow the National CAPS Curriculum of South Africa.
- We strive to develop critical thinkers. At the same time they should become caring and responsible human beings.
We offer a wide range of subjects which include:
- Natural Science (NS)
- Social Science (SS),
- Economic Management Sciences (EMS),
- Creative Arts (Drama and Art)
- Life Orientation,
- Computer Literacy,
- Gujarati/Hindi/Tamil (Indian Language).
Our dedicated and well qualified educators provide quality education that stimulates effective learning. We develop and maintain an excellent work ethic and encourage learners to achieve the highest academic standards.
- Learners have to choose subjects for the FET Phase, during their Grade 9 year.
- Mathematics and Physical Science are compulsory components of their FET curriculum.
- As far as possible we accommodate the subject selections of our grade 9 learners – as per our human resources.
- Grade 9 also serves as an exit point for learners who do not wish to continue to Grade 12 but wish to study at an FET college.
- The school based continuous assessment (SBA) constitutes 60% of the final mark-moderated internally.
- The end of year examination constitutes 40% of the final mark.
FET Phase Grades 10, 11, 12
- Life Orientation
- Physical Science (Compulsory)
- Accounting / Geography
- Life Sciences / Business Studies
It is important to note that subject choices are dependent on the number of learners choosing that subject to validate an economically viable unit for the learners and the school as well as the human resources available. We will strive to ensure that the majority of the learners are accommodated, hence the final list of subjects available above.
Academic – Further Education and Training (FET phase)
Shree Bharat Sharda Mandir follows the National CAPS curriculum of South Africa. Students write the DBE examinations at the end of Grade 12.